Saturday, April 26, 2008

Right Square in the Forehead

Luke 16:10 just hit me right square in the forehead. After I had answered a phone call from a guest about the time of our continental breakfast, I was hit with the realization that I need to answer every call the way I just had - with politely and pleasantly.

I remembered what Jesus said, "He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much."

I've referred to that verse several times in my Bible classes this year, but it didn't strike me the way it did last night.

To be honest, I see my job at the hotel as "a very little thing" - something not all that significant, a means to the end of a paycheck. But if God is to entrust me with more, I need to be faithful in the "very little thing."

I understood that concept before last night, but the Lord brought it to my mind suddenly and made its application very clear.

May I be faithful in the "very little thing" and trust God for the "much."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home