Saturday, April 26, 2008

A very bad, terrible, horrible day

That's what yesterday was. I dealt with a loud, hostile, and verbally abusive man for nearly 45 minutes at the hotel. He was not a guest and I had to call the police to have him removed. To top the night off, my truck was broken into sometime during the night. I spent the whole day getting it taken care of and missing a day of school in the process.

The past 15 months have been hard - very hard. Right now, God's providence is mainly dark, but there are several bright rays of light - school, a marriage that's still intact and good, friends, and a good church.

Life is hard and God is good. They're both true, but the second one seems hard to see sometimes (in all honesty). Although I don't believe it's true, I understand how some may think that difficult times are a punishment from God.

Faithfulness to God is required of us, but it's never easy. Pray for us.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you. See you on Monday.
I Corinthians 15:58
"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that you labor in the Lord is not in vain."

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home