Friday, January 11, 2008

Joe Gibbs and Priorities

I admit it, I'm a sports fan. For as long as I can remember I've loved sports - watching, commenting, occasionally participating (as I get older, it gets tougher).

Joe Gibbs resigned as head coach of the Washington Redskins of the NFL. The main reason he cited was that his priorities were out of balance. He realized that the Lord was no longer first in his life - football was. Gibbs realized that was wrong and acted to change it.

Terry Mattingly at getreligion.org has an excellent article on how this story was covered by the media called "Faith, family and football - again." It's the fifth post down. An interesting note is what Peter King of Sports Illustrated wrote (I knew I liked that guy - now I have a reason).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home