Friday, January 04, 2008

Call and Response

Pop singer Christina Aguilera said, "I'm not really religious but very spiritual. I give money to this company that manufactures hearing aids on a regular basis. More people should really hear me sing. I have a gift from God." (Quoted on www.beliefnet.com - 3 January 2008)

Where to begin? Hmmm. Christina, you do have a good voice, but I honestly don't think anyone who needs a hearing aid is in any rush to go out and buy one of your CD's. Just a guess on my part.

In other "news", the Reverend I.M. Vain recently convinced his church's leadership to buy hearing devices for everyone who attends worship services. Why? So nobody will miss a moment of his spectacular, John Chrysostom-like preaching. (There are times I wouldn't be surprised to read or hear something like that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home