Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Praise God for Charlie Brown!

ABC aired A Charlie Brown Christmas this evening, and I, for one, am glad they did.

Charles Schultz, creator of Peanuts, had a lot to do with my understanding of Christmas. I didn't grow up in a Christian (or even church-going) home, so my thinking about Christmas was limited to Santa Claus, reindeer, and Burl Ives.

Jesus - the real reason for the season was nowhere to be found. That is, until I watched Charlie Brown! Linus' explanation of Christmas and his recitation of Luke 2 was where I found at what Christmas was all about.

Something about it fascinated me. The program was (and is still) my favorite Christmas special. Linus' part was always my favorite, too (even long before I was a Christian). I know why now. The Lord was drawing me to Himself, even though I didn't know it.

Thank you ABC. Thank you Charles Schultz. Most of all, thank You, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home