Monday, June 19, 2006

Quote to Consider

David Brainerd, missionary to the American Indians of New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey wrote the following:

"When I really enjoy God, I feel my desires of Him the more insatiable, and my thirstings after holiness the more unquenchable...Oh, for holiness! Oh, for more of God in my soul! Oh, this pleasing pain! It makes my soul press after God...Oh, that I might not loiter on my heavenly journey!"

Amen! Amen! Amen! If you're not familiar with Brainerd's life an ministry, it would benefit you tremendously to become better acquainted with it (and him). He lived to be only 29 years old (from 1718 to 1747), but filled it with a passion for God and for people. Possibly the only reason we know anything about him at all is because he kept a journal. Thank God for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home