Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Book Buying

I went on a book-buying binge today (I should probably see someone about the problem, but I don't really want to!). Here's what's on my summer reading list:

Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller. It comes highly recommended by quite a few people -- we'll see.

Their God Is Too Small, by Bruce Ware. It's a theological response to Open Theism. I bought it primarily because Bruce was one of my professors at Western -- an excellent one at that.

America: The Last Best Hope, by William Bennett. This is the first volume of a history of the United States (1492-1914).

Confessions of a Reformission Rev., by Mark Driscoll. Driscoll pastors Mars Hill Church in Seattle. I've listened to a couple of his sermons and have loved them.

God of Promise, by Michael Horton. This book is a survey and explanation of Covenant Theology. I've enjoyed most of Horton's writings and assume I will with this one, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home