Thursday, May 03, 2007

I am an Adawkinsist

Richard Dawkins, one of the more outspoken contemporary atheists, wrote The God Delusion within the last year or so. It's received tremendous coverage from a generally sympathetic media.

Well, I'm announcing today that I don't believe in Dawkins. I don't think he exists. I think he's a figment of people's imaginations - something that helps them get through the day and gives them some kind of meaning in life. I've never seen him. I asked him for something and he didn't give it to me. There's so much evil in the world - if Dawkins existed, certainly he'd do something about it. He doesn't, so he must not exist. Not only that, I demanded that he appear in front of me in order to prove his existence - you guessed it, he didn't. The book - supposedly written by Dawkins - should be called The Dawkins Delusion.

Just thought you'd like to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home