Thursday, March 08, 2007

That's It - In A Nutshell

John Newton, a slave trader who was converted to faith in Jesus Christ, made this statement: "I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior."

Folks, that's the gospel in a nutshell! I am a great sinner. My sin has separated and alienated me from God. I rightly deserve His wrath, judgment, and condemnation. Because of my sin and sinfulness I've earned Hell, but because of His grace and mercy, God offers me Heaven. He offers me reconciliation with Him, adoption into His family, new and eternal life, forgiveness of my sin, the gift of His Holy Spirit, and to be declared righteous in His sight. He does all of this because of Jesus Christ, who is a great Savior. Jesus lived, died, and rose again in our place. through faith in Him we can experience all of the benefits God offers us. That's good news! That's the best news ever proclaimed or heard!

The writer of the hymn Amazing Grace obviously understood the gospel. Would that we all had such a good grasp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home